Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Monday, October 13, 2014

Soccer returns...[Oct. 13, 2014]


Hola todos,
This week brings another round of changes. However, I will be staying in the same area with my same companion, so everything is basically going to be the same. How grateful I am for that.

This new change will commence a new beginning, so to speak, in the work of salvation in this area. We are going to focus a lot more on having charity with all people and thus add a strong purpose and foundation to everything that we do as missionaries.

Sometimes it gets a little difficult in our area; especially since we don't have very many committed investigators. We often spend hours and hours in the streets because we don't have anyone to meet with. I've noticed that sometimes this gets my companion down a bit. For this, we decided to focus on developing charity. When we have it, although we still get disappointed at times, we feel happy to be able to do it.

We played soccer today for the first time in several months. It was quite fun and I didn't get injured.

Sometimes we look at someone else and see all their great attributes and want to emulate them, but I think that we really just need to focus on developing our own talents and work on those. That isn't to say that we can't overcome our faults. If we say that, we deny the reality and power of the Atonement. I am simply saying that at times we look at all the gifts that others have and ignore the fact that we have received great gifts, we just need to use them.

Have an excellent week!
élder Seymour.


Turtle at the edge of
one of the most filthy rivers
I have ever seen.

Closeup of turtle.







No comments:

Post a Comment