Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Monday, October 6, 2014

Half Moon...[Oct. 6, 2014]

Hola mis cuates,

Well, I learned how to make handmade flour tortillas from my companion. Now when I get back, I can forget how bad all of the earlier attempts at home were. You just have to use hot water with the flour and add vegetable fat (crisco - about 1/3 cup for every pound of flour). Also you have to flatten the tortillas with a rolling pin until they are almost paper thin.

Well, I got to see conference in english again. However, this time the internet was a little bad so we had some buffering pauses on occassion. It was especially awkward in the middle of a prayer... kinda ruined the spirit, but that´s life. One of the great things that I learned was the need to take responsibility and stop laying blame for things you could even slightly control, but didn´t. Frankly I could be doing a lot better in that respect.

Now I should probably explain the title a bit. One late afternoon as we were walking outside, I looked at the sky and noticed how the moon was half full. I thought about it a bit and it struck me how awkward a half moon really is. It´s not really pretty to look at or anything half full, it is just there. It is neither crescent nor almost full, just somewhere in between. I think we all feel like that at times. Not full, not empty, just there. However, with the half moon is the promise that this will not last forever. In fact, it really is just a tiny stage out of all the time that we have here. Even if you do feel useless, you won't be for long.

I hope we can all look forward to those great moments we do have, but even more important, I hope we can enjoy the moments we are currently in and simply live and learn.

Have a great week!
élder Seymour.


Half Moon
Ward Activity

8 Months

Finally found my name
on a full one



Making the dough

Flattening the tortillas...
 we didn't have a rolling pin!

Ready to cook...
...and cooking


No comments:

Post a Comment