Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Earthquakes and the Fires from Heaven...[May 19, 2014]

Hola amigos y familia,

In the past letter I forgot to mention how we had the second earthquake since I got here. It was a bit of a surprise because I didn't think we got all that many here. It was not all that exciting. Mostly there was just a little bit of shaking and that was it. I guess it was a little more exciting because we live on the 4th floor.


The sun is also fairly oppressive here. I was outside the last Preparation day for 1 hour and got sunburned fairly bad. Always wear sunscreen. It was also a little funny because I always wear a CTR ring on my right hand, but I didn't have it on, so the only part of my hands that got burned was the little band on my finger.


Some other fun things we did were ride in the back of a truck that sells gas. It was almost like a Disney ride except without any safety bars. We also received a new investigator that looks exactly like the Mexican versión of Jim from The Office. Yesterday was my companion's birthday, so we celebrated by roasting marshmallows on the stove.


Friday, we had a fireside with the missión president where he taught about lesson 2 and answered questions. We had a lot of people that we wanted to bring, but our investigator that drives a bus was unable to come. We were worried about what we could do when he called us and told us he could come after all. We were able to bring a bunch of people to the fireside and had a great time.


I love getting your emails and I ask that you would please send more... Thanks!  

Have an awesome week,
Élder Seymour.




Internet Cafe where we send emails

Roasting Marshmallows

This is how it is done...

No comments:

Post a Comment