Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Monday, January 19, 2015

My Companion Goes Mute...[Jan. 19, 2014]


This week we had a special conference with the Mission President where he talked about things we need to change as a mission. As a mission, we need to have more urgency in the sense of being more on time to appointments and spending less than an hour with members in any visit. He also talked about how we have a problem with informality. Almost all of the missionaries use a bunch of jargon when speaking to each other, and I realized it was true when we tried to stop. Basically, my companion has had to go mute in order to stop using slang words. However, together we will make it through.

Apart from that, I decided to clean all of the dishes that were in the apartment that have gone uncleaned for a while because of a water problem that we had. A couple of them were covered in mold and soiled with old bits of food, but now they are all clean. I decided to not take photos.

Today, we made flour tortillas with some members because they asked me to teach them. For never having done them personally, they turned out quite well. Now I know they should turn out well when I get back home.

This week has also been filled with lots of appointments with recent converts and members in general. One difficulty we've been having is with finding new investigators to teach. I feel that if we really focus our efforts on the most important things first, the rest just works out the way it should.

Hope you all have an excellent week!
élder Seymour.



Check out my new poncho!!

No comments:

Post a Comment