Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Starfruit...[Aug. 10, 2015]




Well, this week we again visited our family that lives in Tepatlaxco. It went pretty well and the father was there this time so that was a bonus. At the end of the lesson they asked if we wanted water and ended up giving us a starfruit water. I was really surprised because that was the first time I had ever even seen starfruit in the mission. They also gave us a bag full of starfruit so we could make some in the house. It was quite delicious. I liked it so much that I bought some guava and more starfruit so we could combine them in water this week. And this is why I love México. I feel a little bad that I can't put photos up... my memory card has a virus on it again and I'll have to find a way to take it off in these weeks.


Our young investigator committed to a baptismal date last week, but this week when we talked to him about it he totally backed off. It can be a little difficult and frustrating when we are so sure about things and in a moment they completely change. I still feel like he will get baptized while I am here, but it is going to be difficult.


We are also starting to find investigators in ways that I didn't even imagine before. It seems as if the Lord is drawing these people to us without us even having to look that hard. Someone yells at us in the street and asks to learn more, or we decide to talk to some women sitting outside and we talk with them as we wait for an investigator to open the door even though they don't look too interested and they accept the invitation to listen. I've learned a lot that the Lord can do this work a lot better than we can and is willing to help us if we want Him to.


Anyways, I hope you have a great week. Saludos to Josh Bailey who is returning from the mission this week.
élder Seymour.

No comments:

Post a Comment