Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

La Malinche...[Jan. 18, 2016]


Today we got to the top of La Malinche. It is the 4th tallest mountain in México and the only one that we are allowed to climb as missionaries. One of the cool things about it (apart from the snow) was that you can see the other 3 tallest mountains from the top of it (see attached pictures). It was honestly my favorite p-day activity in my entire mission. The only bad thing is that I now feel kind of sore. Plus, it was the only time I have seen snow close up in my whole mission. As we were going up, we ran into some Austrians, Canadians, A Brazilian, and lot of Mexicans. The moral of the story is, that was completely worth it.

I also had my last interview with president on Thursday. I think the worst part of the interview is at the end when he said, "on behalf of the church, president Christensen and his wife, and my wife and myself, I thank you for your service." I just sat there thinking, "but I still have this week left... oh well."

I have to take a bus to México at 2:30am from Puebla to wait at the airport until my flight at 10am. Later I have to wait in LAX for 4 hours until I get in the plane to get home. I guess I will be waiting quite a bit.

Well, not much else to say... I guess I'll be seeing you on Wednesday.
Have an excellent week!
élder Seymour.
Pics:
1)last picture with élder Armenta, who I trained
2)a picture from my area of La Malinche

3)the first part of the trail
4) Another section of the first part of the trail with everyone there.
5)The last 2 sections of the climb to get to the summit
6)I can see my area from here.
7)Popocatépetl and Ixtaccihuatl the 2 and 3 highest mountains in México
8) El Pico de Orizaba, the tallest mountain in México
9)A view from the summit
10) where we were at last week, Tepatlaxco
11) My companion and a friend we met going down the mountain
12) My tie after it got cut... it's a tradition.
 



 








 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment