Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Monday, June 9, 2014

Thank goodness for flu shots...[June 9, 2014]

Buenas tardes mis cuates,


I have finally completed 4 months... as well as my training. I am now an actual missionary. Actually, I was before, but now it's different...


Anyways, this week we had some good experiences even though we had a few investigators say that they don't want to be baptized anymore. 


First thing, we had a plethora of rain this past week. For two days it didn't stop raining... just like home. We are starting to go into the rainy season, which is very exciting to me even though it gets a bit harder to contact people on the streets. Unfortunately, it was pretty rough on my companion who caught the flu. Which makes me grateful that I had to get the flu shot before going to the MTC because I still haven't caught it, unlike some of our investigators. I guess it really did have a purpose.


We also went to a Mercado. It was amazing how cheap everything was. You could buy a good quality knife for 20 pesos. My companion also bought a piggy bank that is a minion from despicable me for 30 pesos, but expected it to be more like 250 pesos.


We also have been teaching an english class for the past few weeks every saturday. We like to have a lot of fun with it, but it is difficult to get any of our investigators to come.


The missionary work is also going very well here right now. We have a good number of baptismal dates lined up and are working hard to find new people constantly. The family in the photo that I sent last week has a baptismal date for two weeks and we are very certain that it won't fall through. The best part of the mission is seeing how people change their lives when they make the decision to follow Christ. It makes it all worth it in the end.


We also played pool today for our district activity, but it will be the last district activity because the area presidency put a stop to those. We also can't really play soccer anymore, which is really hard on the Latin missionaries. Oh well.


I also learned that Guayaba juice and tacos árabes are the best.

Have a great week!
Élder Seymour.

4 months down

Chapel we attend church

Minion Bank

Me playing pool

Companion playing pool

Companion resting from flu

No comments:

Post a Comment