Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Monday, June 30, 2014

Green Fried Guineos...[June 30, 2014]

This week was fairly uneventful. We had zone conference on Tuesday which went pretty well. We learned a bit more about planning and working with the ward.


My companion made some strange dish from his country (Ecuador) that is made by boiling green bananas until you can squash them and making it into a paste where you put cheese in the middle and fry them. They were okay. My companion said that they usually turn out better.


Yesterday, I got another round of my favorite thing here - tacos árabes. I ate so much that I was pretty sure I was going to explode in a horrible way and make it home in a coffin. However, I am still alive and well.


I also caught a cold which kinda stinks, but the work goes on.


I recently realized that almost every aspect of missionary life prepares you later for life afterwards, especially for marriage and dating. You learn budgeting, making plans, resolving differences with someone else, how to be humble, how to work hard, how to talk with people easily, and so much more. From living with a companion to contacting in the street, missionary work prepares you for life. Also you learn how to separate someone in a group; because we have to do that with members to ask them to go on visits with us.


Have a great week, think about great things.
Élder Seymour.


P.S. Sorry I missed you birthday Dad... Happy belated birthday!

My Companion adding cheese to the green banana

Frying the Guineos

Graffiti

My Companion and I 

Big one is Pitallla and small one is Lichi

Member making us Birria de Res

No comments:

Post a Comment