Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Monday, February 23, 2015

Conozca a los Mormones...[Feb. 23, 2015]



Hola,
Today, we finally got to watch "Meet the Mormons"... in Spanish. It reminded me how much I don't like voiceovers at least until it got to the part where the Costa Rican kickboxer part came on in original Spanish. That part was pretty good. I could especially relate to the part where the mom is buying clothes for her son about to leave on the mission. She asks him what he wants and he is just like, "I don't know."

As far as my new area... well there just isn't much here more than people waiting to get baptized :) ...but in all honesty, there is a lot of work to be done here. Before I got to this area, there were Zone Leaders here and with all the traveling they had to do because of the distance, they couldn't do a whole lot. Like I said, lots of work.

This area also includes a pair of mountains that have snow on them right now. The missionaries before us asked permission to go up to where the snow is, but he said no. We will see what happens because my companion is about to leave.

They are about to set up a group in our area in another village somewhat close called Acatzingo. Our mission president said he is going to send missionaries there, so the duty falls on us to get things ready and everything. I guess we'll see what happens (this phrase seems to be the slogan of my mission). Sunday I went with the Branch President, his counselors and the Stake President, his counselors, and secretary to find members in the group that they are going to set up. Almost nobody was home, but we found a few members that I will have to visit with this week.

Before watching the movie today, we went to eat at one of the few Burger King's that there are here and it felt weird. Apart from being slightly expensive, it just felt... different. Everything told me I should be happy, but really it just felt like a plain and unsatisfying venture. I learned that it isn't money or good food that makes someone happy. The only things that make someone truly happy in this life are the things that we can have after this life like our families or the Gospel. These are the things that bring real happiness into our lives.

Also from other experiences I won't relate right now, I learned that I worry a lot more now about disappointing Heavenly Father than disappointing any other person. I think I got that a lot from
Élder Field.


Anyway, have an excellent week!
Élder Seymour.




 A Hershey's pie from Burger King in México

The mountains in our area:
 el Pico de Orizaba and
the other one I don't remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment