Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Monday, March 30, 2015

The Closer...[Mar. 30, 2015]

Well, I recently got some familiar news. My companion is leaving the area... and me too. My District Leader called me on the phone and told me that they are going to start calling me "the closer" because this is the third time in a row that I have done that. This isn't to say that they won't send new missionaries to the area because President always does, it's just what we say here.

It is a little lame as well because we both just got here and learned the area and all the small pueblos very well, but now we have to go. I hope the other Elders can pick up where we left off.

Anyway, this week has been interesting. Tuesday and Thursday, we went to the pueblo that is the farthest away from el Seco that we can visit (it is called Palmarito) without knowing that we would both be leaving anyway. We met some members that haven't seen Missionaries in who knows how long, and it struck me how different it is for them to have Missionaries in their house.

As we were coming back from Palmarito on Thursday, we were passing through Quecholac, where they will soon put a group in looking for a house for the group. As we were walking down the street a kid on his bike yelled "Elderes" and stopped. He asked us to come to his house and meet up with his family. He also had an excitement that seemed strange to me in the moment. We got to his house and he talked with his mom loud enough that we could hear. He said, "Mom, the Missionaries are here." His mom responded and said, "There aren't any Missionaries here in Quetcholac. They weren't Missionaries." He then said, "No, they are outside right now." She was so surprised when she finally saw us. We talked with them for a bit and left a card with our number. In fact, this was the first time they had seen the Missionaries in over a year, and they never went to church in that time because they didn't know where the chapel was.

Sunday was quite interesting to me. To make a long story short because I don't have much time, we went to church and said goodbye to a lot of members and afterwards, as is custom, we went with the members to eat La Comida. They took us to a restaurant to eat and I just got to the point where I said I am not eating this. Honestly, here in the Mission I've learned that I am a lot more concerned about what my Heavenly Father thinks than what others think of me. So, I simply didn't eat and one of the members apologized as we left, so I consider that a success.

Anyways, have a great week and this week that comes, I will tell you where I am going and who I will be with.

élder Seymour.

No comments:

Post a Comment