Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Chiles en nogada round 2...[Sept. 14, 2015]




This Saturday I got some terrible news, I have transfers.


It has been a bit hard on me because we have been working so hard here and are now starting to see the results of it. The family we have in Tepatlaxco is going to get baptized a week and a half after I leave and I have been there every step of the way. There was a powerful/sad moment when I told the family that I was going to be having transfers this Tuesday. Most of the family just broke into tears at this moment and I almost did as well... it´s going to be really hard to leave them.


The one thing that gives me a bit of comfort is that I know that they will be strong in the church and that they will be the strong pillars of Tepatlaxco. I guess the main message from all this is that we just have to answer the call when the calling comes. Perhaps it won't be what you want or think is best, but it will be what you need in that moment. The only smart thing to do is answer the call and keep moving on.


On a lighter note, this week was the first time I have eaten chiles en nogada this year (I don't remember if I explained before, but chiles en nogada is a typical dish from puebla that we can only eat about 2 and a half months out of the year.) I wish I could put photos, but the computer still won't let me do it. I assume that I will have more chances next week as I will be in a different area.


Hope you have a great week!
élder Seymour.

No comments:

Post a Comment