Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Monday, September 8, 2014

New area, new companion, new world...[Sept. 8, 2014]




Hola todo,


Well... I am now living in San Martín Texmelucan with my companion Elder Compean. Interestingly enough, my trainer said that I would eventually go here... and here I am.


There are a lot of things different about this area. Perhaps most interesting is that it is much more like the U.S. here than in my last area. The religious distribution, that is, how many Catholics, Mormons, Baptists, Jehovahs Witnesses, etc. there are here, is very similar to the US as in there are much more Protestant Christians and not as many Catholics.


Waste Management here is a guy that has a cart pulled by a horse that people throw garbage in.


Our apartment is twice as big as my last one. Forgive me for not having pictures, I will get those out next week.


We are also very close to the Tianguis de San Martín. It is the biggest Tianguis in the world as far as I know, and they have a bunch of cheap stuff to buy. It basically is an enormous marketplace. There is a wrinkle though: it only has everything on Tuesdays and our P-day is on Monday.


My companion is also super awesome. Sometimes it is a little difficult because the work is a lot harder here than in my last area. You just have to keep going and do what you can along the way.


I hope you have a great week!
Élder Seymour.




Two investigators that
I left behind.
They are the parents of Mayra.


Mt. Popocatépetl.
We are a lot closer to it now.

La Mujer Dormida also a lot closer.
7 Months!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment