Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Don't Walk Behind People...[Apr. 28, 2014]


Great times down here in Puebla! Weather is perfect, as usual. There weren't any trash sandstorms, and I am not getting transferred this week.

I forgot to mention last week, but the week before last was La Semana Santa here in Puebla. Basically, The people celebrate the last week of Christ's life here with parties and loud music. All the children get out of school for 2 weeks, and they crucify someone--not to the death or anything--and it is completely volunteer, but still... pretty interesting. They also put a lot of flowers in the street on the same day we had the monsoon. Unfortunately, I didn't get any photographs of it.

A couple of weeks ago, my companion and I were walking down the street when I saw a very pregnant woman walking with a child on the other side of the street. I felt very strongly that I needed to talk to her and share the gospel... but I didn't. Later, I felt guilty that I had ignored an impression from the Lord and it had kept someone from hearing the Gospel. After this, I prayed for the opportunity to talk to her another time.

Skip forward to this Sunday, we were waiting for one of our investigators so we could take him to church when the pregnant woman walked past us on the street. I didn't notice until she was already past us, so I didn't say anything to her. However, I mentioned to my companion that she would probably be receptive to the Gospel. He suggested that we walk up to her and talk to her, so we did. (Generally, we never do this because it can be a little creepy for someone to come up behind you and ask why it is important to pray.) Long story short, it went well and I can truly testify that the Lord loves us and will forgive our weaknesses if we are humble and want to become better.

I hope everyone has an excellent week,
Élder Seymour.

Bathroom in Apt

Clean Apt

Kitchen

Other End of Kitchen

Study Area

No comments:

Post a Comment