Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Monday, April 21, 2014

I Hate Eating Out... [Apr. 7, 2014]

Hello friends,
The latter part of this week has been not very fun because I have been a little sick. It all started when a member took us to a restaurant to eat La Comida. I was a little excited at first because it was the first restaurant that I have been to down here. I thought the food was okay, but my stomach thought quite differently. The work was long, but had to go on, so I pushed through it. It isn’t that bad now, but it is sufficient for me to say that I am not too excited to eat out ever again.
One thing that I learned well this week is that when you are focused on yourself and your own needs, you end up being a terrible missionary. The whole reason I am down here is to help other people, and if I cannot focus my attention on them, I miss my entire purpose.
We picked up three new investigators this week that are the best. They are so ready and humble it really shocked me a bit at first. They struggle a lot financially and seem to live day by day, but I know that as they exercise faith in Christ, they will be fine.
Conference was great although it pretty much stopped missionary work here for 2 days in most cases. So glad I could watch it in English.
Les amo,
Élder Seymour.

Homes near where we live
Homes near where we live
Stores near where we live
Stores near where we live
Pancakes made with chocolate milk actually do turn out pretty well.
Pancakes made with chocolate milk actually do turn out pretty well.
The grafiti here is quite interesting at times
The graffiti here is quite interesting at times
Picture of the street outside our apartment from the roof
Picture of the street outside our apartment from the roof
We just learned we have pigs living next to us.
We just learned we have pigs living next to us.
Murals on the buildings
Murals on the buildings
Murals
Murals
2 months completed
2 months completed
My companion and I in front of a chapel
My companion and I in front of a chapel

No comments:

Post a Comment