Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple

Monday, April 21, 2014

I Don't Know a Drunk Person When I See One... [Mar. 31, 2014]

Hola,
Sorry I don`t have much time today. A few zone here in the mission went on a brief African safari here in Puebla today. We got to see a lot of zoo animals and have a tour guide that explained everything in Spanish, so basically I didn’t learn much.
Some interesting things that happened during the week. First, we taught a woman that works at a sort of office supply/internet cafe. We taught her about the plan of salvation and afterwards she tried to give us money. Unfortunately for us, it is against the mission rules to accept money, so we didn’t.
Since I got here, I cannot tell if someon is drunk or not. Just because they talk like I do in Spanish doesn’t seem like it should be a reason that they are drunk.
Also, I saw a child on a leash. It is interesting that I have never seen a dog on a leash though.
An average day here in the mission, at least for me, starts at 6:30. We wake up and get ready for the day by normal stuff. Then from 8am to 12pm we study. First personal, then companion, then new missionary stuff, then language. After that, we usually have a lesson, then we eat La Comida with a member. The whole rest of the day is spent contacting and teaching lessons. We get back at 9pm and plan for the next day, eat a snack, and sleep.
One of our investigators we were teaching this week can`t get baptized because she can`t get married for slightly complicated reasons. During the lesson, I felt the spirit and asked her if she believed that our God is a God of miracles. She said that she did and I was able to testify to her that if she had enough faith in Jesus Christ and in our Heavenly Father, miracles would happen in her life and she would be able to be baptized. We told her that we felt that by the 10th of May, she would be ready to be baptized. She accepted that date.
I wish all of you a great week filled with good memories.
Èlder Seymour.
Massive cloud out at night
Massive cloud out at night
At the "African Safari"
At the “African Safari”
Especially for Jimmy
Especially for Jimmy

My relatives here in Puebla
My relatives here in Puebla

No comments:

Post a Comment